Friday, November 09, 2007

Boys Speak in Rhythm...

Jeremy and I have an ongoing struggle with communication, or maybe I should say...my detail oriented personality struggles with his lack of memory. The following is an email from me to my darling husband. I guess I really shouldn't be surprised if he can't remember everything I tell him.

"I believe there is one shoe in my suitcase and the other is somewhere around the house. If you could track that down that would be lovely. Make sure my bright blue flip flops are also in the suitcase and it’s ready to go. The MJM tote bag by the dresser needs to be semi emptied. (you can leave the Real Simple and Southern Living magazines in there, there are also a few others on the island that I would like (they are in a stack closest to the coffee pot). Be sure to get my pillow (the one that feels cold to the touch when you touch it directly) a set of sheets, the quilt, and that sleeping bag. Don’t forget my makeup bag, it’s by my suitcase and needs to be put in the tote bag. I think that’s about all…make sure everything is turned off and the coffee pot and toaster oven are both unplugged. Oh, and get the cats ready for the weekend. Tonya mentioned buying hay and putting it under the stairs in the back yard so that they can stay warm at night…not that you have to do that today but it’s just a thought. Although I’m sure Miles and Jake (read: Search and Destroy) would have it ALL OVER the back yard in 2 shakes of a lamb’s tail. Be sure to put the cat’s food and water-lots of water-in the kitchen so if they turn it over it won’t make that big of a mess, or you could just leave it in the bathroom, but make sure the door is propped open in case Jerry or Macel close themselves in accidentally. Don’t forget to close our bedroom door and the guest bedroom door before you leave. Okay…call me when you get home in case I have forgotten anything."

NOTE: I'm sure I will arrive at our destination to find one tennis shoe, every magazine that he can find, and my navy flip flops because the dear has trouble distinguishing different shades of blue.

Such is life.

4 comments:

Holly said...

Melissa, any other human being would have trouble doing everything on this list. That's why the good folks at Microsoft created the bullet point function in Outlook. Give him--or anyone--a list, not an essay.

Hope you had a great weekend!

The Ousdahls said...

Excellent point Holly. After I finished reading the post, I was nervous that I would forget something as well =)

P.S. We love you Melissa.

Love,

Melissa O.

The Ousdahls said...

Jeremy:

If you don't mind, could you also get my cell phone case? I'm pretty sure it is behind the sofa table closest to the door in the middle. It is a bluish-pink and has orange stripes. If you find it, please be sure to but it in between the fourth and fifth copies of the Everyday with Rachel Ray magaizines. Cool?

Matt

MCH said...

Melissa, I am catching up on your blog...this is hilarious. You are just like me...except that if I sent this to Will, he wouldn't have made it past the first sentence.